The market of Electric Vehicles is expected to expand rapidly in the coming years. The government is taking various steps to boost the E-Mobility ecosystem. The government is working to incentivize the manufacturing of these vehicles, charging infrastructure development, fleet operation and service providers. The road doesn’t seem to be smooth but filled with challenges.
NITI Aayog is supporting the EV India Summit 2018 which will be held on 18-19 June 2018 in New Delhi. The event is expected to gather about 500+ participants including the central and state ministers, policy makers, regulatory authorities, venture capitalists, automobile component manufacturers, electric vehicle manufacturers, charging solution providers, technology providers, academicians and more under one roof to network and gather knowledge to get closer to achieving the EV India Vision 2030. The event will be a guiding force to shape the Electric Vehicle industry in India.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited(EESL) which is a joint venture of various subdivisions under Ministry of Power, EESL is India’s most critical effort to make India reach at par with global electric vehicle industry.
The Summit will have-
- State governments, which are the early adopters and will help to attract investors of the respective states.
- It will act as a transparent interface between the electric vehicle manufacturers, service providers and the government.
- Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) will share their Lithium Ion Battery Technology with the Battery manufacturers.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises will share the details regarding the policies and support.
- International speakers are also invited to give guidelines regarding the implementation of Electric Vehicle Policies.
The event will feature two days of Brainstorming discussions in the experts from all over the world.
Source: Business World